Ashwood Inn is a program of Ashland Supportive Housing and Community Outreach. Ashland Supportive Housing and Community Outreach (ASH) was founded in 1981, opening the doors to its first residential home in 1982. ASH provides 24 hour residential care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) along with the services provided in their community based programs and the Ashwood Inn.
ASH also serve adults with I/DD living independently through our Community Outreach program, providing the supports needed to remain as independent as possible.
The ASH mission is to support persons with disabilities to live rich, fulfilling and productive lives with dignity and respect.
In doing so, ASH will endeavor to provide supports and services based on the following values:
- Person-centered services: Services that help the people we support to define their goals and priorities, develop personal relationships, participate in their community, increase control over their own lives, and develop the skills and abilities needed to achieve their goals
- Independence: Services provided will promote individual independence in the home and in the community.
- Equality: Services given with the recognition that we are all equal in our shared humanity.
- Respect: Services are provided with the same level of respect due to all human beings.
- Growth: ASH staff will help the people we support to asses and meet their life goals.
- Safety: ASH staff will follow all medically ordered guidelines and procedures while allowing persons being supported to have the dignity of risk to make choices about their own lives.